Committee Chair – Barry Petrachenko
Induction & Awards Committee (IAC) Call for Interest
The BC Hockey Hall of Fame (BCHHoF) is seeking individuals to serve on their Induction and Awards Committee (IAC) is responsible for ensuring the most deserving inductee candidates are identified, researched, and recommended to the Board of Directors for induction to the BCHHoF in the categories of: Player, Official, Builder and Team.
Hockey enthusiasts with knowledge of the game in BC are required to assist the IAC in performing the following key duties:
- Build a communication strategy and assist in promoting the submission of nominees by the Committee and the public.
- Research and construct biographical materials on inductee nominees.
- Ensure candidates for inductee nomination meet the qualifications established by the BCHHoF.
- Discuss / debate candidates.
- Build a shortlist of nominees from all submissions.
- Annually, from the shortlist of nominees, recommend those for BCHHoF induction to the Board of Directors following the approved selection / voting process.
- Recommend to the Board of Directors changes to the BCHHoF constitution, bylaws, policy, and procedures.
- Assist with seeking, identifying, and supplying biographical material for nominees of other awards and bursaries presented by the BCHHoF at the Annual Induction Celebration ceremonies.
If you would like to be a part of the induction and awards committee, please fill in the expression of interest form below.